in the reANIMATED world of B..

this is about me.. my life.. my loves.. my journeys.. my adventures.. ALL ME. .

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MCFLY


I got one word for you, McFly.

When the normal person hears the name McFly, one thought jumps into their brain. That thought is: Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly in the Back to the Future series. Back to the Future II is widely regarded as the coolest of the trilogy. The three things most folks remember are the flying cars, the sick talking, drying, and adjusting orange jacket, and of course, the revolutionarily cool Hoverboard. As dope as Griff’s black

When you’re a sneaker head there is just one memory that is second to none. Thy name is the Nike Air Mcfly. In 1989, this dream was evoked and over 20 years later, it still lingers strongly within me. There is not one shoe that I would die over more than the McFlys. Let me restate that:

There is not one shoe that I would die over more than the McFlys.

The Nike Air McFly simply exudes futuristic. It secretes legendary in every which way. This “unicorn” of mines is simply breathtaking. Even without the mechanical Bill Gate-ish smart strap, these are gnarly. The bland gray super high top, speckled with its “patent pending” turquoise glow, both NIKE’d out on the strap and its speckled greatness. I’m sorry; I’m in need of a personal moment.

The McFly Hyperdunks were released in late July of 2008. Shortly after the Hyperdunks, Nike released the Zoom Tre Mcfly. A year later, before the start of the 2009 NBA season, Nike came out with the Hyperdunk’s little brother, the Nike McFly Hypermax. As cool as they were though, they didn’t hold a candle to the sickness that its predecessor has. As with many things, the originals are always the best, no matter how hard they try to replicate it let alone improve it.

The Nike Air McFly is at the peak of my Holy Grail list. There is not one shoe above it. I still wait for the day that these will be within my grasp. I, like many people, live off the images we find on the internet and of course the movie, Back to the Future Part II. On the day when I finally am an owner of these, a big (23.2oz) weight shall be lifted off of my shoulders.

In the movie, the day that Marty McFly flies back to the future is October XX, 2015. This is the day that is my “day of infamy”. That day will commemorate a 25 or 26 year celebration from when the BTTF II was released. I’ve waited for over 20 years now on just hopes, prayers, and the possibility of this shoe releasing. *FINGERS CROSSED*

“Roads? Marty, where we’re going, there are no roads”

0 comments:

Post a Comment